In order to perpetuate and hold in the highest esteem the name and accomplishments of Harry S. Truman, the 33rd President of the United States, The Harry S. Truman Good Neighbor Award Foundation will:
- Promote the qualities of good citizenship, patriotism, public service, courage, self-reliance and related virtues of Harry S. Truman.
- Strive to continue to improve and foster friendly relations between all nations, races and religions.
- Award college scholarships in the field of international studies and public service and to recognize international students studying in the Kansas City area.
- Celebrate the memory of Harry S. Truman at an annual Birthday Luncheon to be held on or about May 8th, the birth date of President Truman.
- Honor that person or persons in public life who have exemplified the principles of Harry S. Truman with The Harry S. Truman Good Neighbor Award.
- Recognize military veterans who performed extraordinary service in defending American principals during wartime with The Philip Pistilli Silver Veterans Medal.
- Extol the virtues of President Truman nationally and internationally by whatever means so that Harry S. Truman will live forever in the minds of free people everywhere.